If you hate SPAM text messages, it’s really easy to report them to the FTC, just forward them to 7726. And after reporting to 7726, block the number...
- Touch and hold the message.
- Select "More"
- Select the message, then the arrow in the bottom right corner.
- Enter 7726 and select "Send"
Here is how to do it
Now that we learned how to report spam messages, let's learn how to detect text message scams. Some are very sneaky and almost impossible to detect. Here are a few examples
Next Level Text Dating Scam and Deep Fake
Dating scams are VERY common! After all, you are ready to meet a new stranger. This is like a haven for scammers. You and the scammer are both emotionally ready... In this case, the Fake Kristi is randomly texting with the hope someone will respond. Many people are on tinder, so Kristi knows someone will eventually take the bait. Unfortunately for Scott, he took the bait. Kristi isn't waiting, she immediately starts flirting with Scott.
Read more about how this dating scam unfolded
How To Avoid This Type Of Attack
1) Don't Automatically trust anyone, even if you think you know them. Digital identities aren't the same as meeting someone in person.
2) Call and verify with your Admin, Company, or Person, the authenticity of the request.